Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zoya Kristen + Fingerpaints Flecked Review and pics

Hello!  Today I have a really cute winter manicure that I put together with Kristen from Zoya's Feel collection (Winter 2011) and Fingerpaints Flecked from their Special Effects collection (Sally Beauty in-store exclusive).  As much as I liked this combo, I have to say that I definitely look way better in dark/vampy shades.  I guess it's my natural pallor, haha.

As much as I wanted to get a picture in the sunlight to show off the beautiful flakie goodness, the weather just was not cooperating at all, so I only have indoor pics.  However, these are pretty true to life in terms of color.  This is two coats of Zoya's Kristen finished with one coat each of Flecked and Seche QD.  

While I will be the first to tell you that I love Zoya, I did have a little trouble with Kristen. An unfortunately common problem among creamy/pastel colors is that the formula can be difficult to work with.  I found that it was kind of streaky and difficult to handle.  Nowhere close to being the worst I've ever used, and a second coat evened it out for the most part, but it's something to keep in mind.  The color itself is gorgeous (as expected of Zoya), but you will definitely need some patience and a solid two-three coats to get even coverage.  

Now for Flecked;  I have never used fingerpaints before as I tend to be an impulse web buyer (almost never in store), but I have to say that I was very pleased with this one.  First of all, ZOMG, it's a BLUE-GREEN FLAKIE, which I have been wanting forever!  Also, the formula is super easy to work with, although the flakes could stand to be a bit more densely packed; in retrospect, I would use two coats rather than one to get more coverage.  I would gladly have bought the whole set, but this was literally the last one on the stand!  I am clearly going to have to stalk all of the Sally stores in my area.


Despite the slight difficulty with Kristen, I still think the end result is well worth the trouble.  See how pretty it is?  It reminds me of snowflakes!  What do you think about this combo?


1 comment: