Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cult Nails Iconic


Hello again! Today I have a lovely shade from Cult Nails. This was my first time wearing one of their polishes, and I have to say that I was not disappointed.

Here it is in sunlight


And indoors

Look how gorgeous it is! I have such a huge thing for red nail polish that even your run of the mill red creme will make me happy, but this is really something special. It's a beautiful raspberry color with red flakes and really gorgeous and subtle gold shimmer throughout. I couldn't stop staring at my hands all day! It was very easy to apply and even though I was worried by its apparent sheerness, it covered just fine in two easy coats, with one coat of Seche QD on top. I got several compliments at work and I think it is a very flattering polish. I, of course, have very pale skin, so what looks good on me might not work on everyone, but if you're a little on the fence about buying this, please try it; you won't regret it!

I only noticed one small thing; the polish on my thumb chipped a bit around lunchtime (I painted my nails last night). As none of my other nails have any chipping whatsoever, I assume it was probably an isolated incident due to user error, as I am pretty rough on my hands and can manage to chip even the most resilient polish in half the time everyone else does. I thought I would mention it though. Overall, I am very impressed with the formula and the color is beyond gorgeous. Very glad I bought it!

Also, look what arrived today!
My Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV!

I can't wait to try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment